Business Development Director
About The Position
The Business Development Director help facilitate the sales activities for the fast-growing CRO Business Unit, including managing key accounts, soliciting new business, and being a brand ambassador for Innovaderm at industry conferences and other events. Reporting to the VP, Business Development, the individual will collaborate with the Senior management team to define and develop future strategies for sales and revenue growth, execute the agreed upon annual sales plan, provide account management on closed opportunities, support the operations with scope management and act as an escalation point in difficult situations. Initially, this individual will be responsible for sales activities in the United States, with a focus on the West Coast.
- You can confidently and competently bridge communications and expectations between sponsors and operations with your business acumen and scientific / operational background.
- You are skilled in developing new and existing client relationships in a fast-paced clinical CRO environment.
- Your clients and colleagues enjoy working with you, and you truly enjoy collaborating with them and helping them succeed.
- You have the skillset required to autonomously drive and close opportunities and are willing and able to take on new tasks and challenges in a dynamic team setting.
- Is responsible for the business development activities of Innovaderm Research within his/her respective territory, which includes targeting and soliciting the key opportunities, organizing client visits and capabilities presentations, meetings with clients, direct sales, bid defense presentations.
- Effectively communicates the company’s value proposition and service portfolio to key decision makers at prospective pharmaceutical, and biotech companies.
- Provides information such as sales forecasts and manage sales activity plans in their respective territories.
- Assists in the development and assessment of new and existing business and sales strategies for the company's existing and future services through communication with management and the business units of the company.
Proposals, contracts, and negotiations
- Manages the budget and contract negotiation with study sponsors within his/her respective territory.
- Assists with the coordination of legally binding contracts including but not limited to: master services agreements, work orders, preferred provider agreements, non-disclosure agreements.
- Advises management in negotiation and alignment of contracts and pricing strategies with regards to both short and long-term strategies.
- Reviews and provides input on new project proposals and budgets issued by the proposal manager for their opportunities.
- Prepare ballparks and alternative budget scenarios for potential and existing clients.
- Represents the company at major conventions, symposia, industry meetings.
- Promotes corporate mission, vision and objectives and fosters a culture of professionalism, quality, excellence, and teamwork.
- Maintains and enhances technical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan.
- Helps to identify and develop new service offerings, new technologies and novel models to diversify Innovaderm’s service portfolio.
- Assist in the development of competitive pricing strategies and leverage Innovaderm’s economic value to maximize operating surplus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or another relevant field.
- Master’s degree or MBA is an asset.
- 10 years of combined experience in business development and clinical research operations.
- Previous experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO) is required.
- Relevant foundational experience in clinical research operations (example: project management, clinical operations).
- Relevant experience in sales and marketing. Proven track record in achieving sales targets and fostering client relationships.
- Knowledge of the Dermatology clinical research environment is a strong asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- Service oriented professional with scientific knowledge of drug and/or device clinical research, preferable in the dermatology space.
- Confident, innovative, insightful, client and business focused.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to partner closely with clinical and business operations.
- Professional at all times with an ability to manage conflict and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong skills in leadership, interpersonal communication, motivation of staff and team-building.
- Multi-tasking in a fast-moving environment, while working calmly and thoughtfully towards solutions.
- Resourceful in setting priorities.
- Outstanding oral and written English communication skills, French is an asset.
- Solid network of industry contacts, preferably in dermatology drug and device development companies.
The work environment
At Innovaderm, you will work with brilliant and driven colleagues. Our values are collaboration, innovation, reliability and responsiveness. We offer a stimulating work environment and attractive advancement opportunities.
In this position, you will be eligible for the following perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Permanent full-time position
- Benefits package (medical benefits, PTO)
- Ongoing learning and development in a thriving and growing business
Note that this opening is for a home-based position in the United States.
Regular travel (20-30% of the time), which may include overnight trips and / or international travel is required as part of this role.
Innovaderm is a full service contract research organization (CRO) specialized in dermatology. Since its beginnings in 2000, our organization has benefited from a solid reputation for the quality of its research and services exceeding the expectations of its clients. Based in Montreal, Innovaderm continues to grow and expand in North America and Europe, managing phase 1 to phase 3 clinical studies.
Innovaderm is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants who can legally work in the United-States.