Senior Project Manager (Dermatology clinical trials)
About The Position
Senior Projects Managers are crucial to the success of Clinical Trials managed by Innovaderm. They are the main point of contact internally as well as externally, ensuring all activities and deliverables are completed on time, on budget, and as expected.
Great project managers go further than creating project plans and following up on tasks. They show leadership to help project teams focus on objectives and deliver results.
This role will be perfect for you if:
- You want to work for a mid-sized CRO that works on significant multisite trials, including Global Phase III projects
- You are looking to position yourself in an environment where you can grow your career alongside the company
IMPACT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary contact for the Sponsor
- Provide efficient and timely updates on trial progress
- Lead client calls effectively
- Oversee and actively participates in the preparation of project deliverables such as; study plans, protocol, informed consent form, electronic case report form (eCRF), tables/listings/figures (TLFs), clinical study report.
- Participate in the planning and conduct of the Investigator’s Meeting.
- Ensure that each site has the necessary material to adequately perform the study (e.g., investigational product, study supplies, special equipment, safety lab kits, etc.).
Quality and risk management
- Ensure assigned studies are “audit ready” at all times.
- Monitor the quality of study deliverables, (including vendor and SubCRO deliverables) and address issues as they arise.
- Manage risk and control measures to assure project quality.
- Analyze discrepancies between planned and actual results.
- Review and approve responses to quality assurance audits.
Project budget and timelines
- Control the project budget, with particular attention to internal hours allocated to all activities.
- Identify out of scope activities for change orders.
- Proactively manage operational aspects of the clinical trial including trial timelines, budget, resources and vendors. Coordinate tasks and deliverables from all functional departments involved in the project.
- Communicate effectively with study team members, functional departments, and senior management.
- Manage and report on recruitment status and highlight initiatives needed to meet recruitment timelines.
Project team leadership
- Lead the core project team which may include: Associate Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Assistants.
- Ensure all team members have adequate training on the project.
- Work closely with vendors and the following internal teams to ensure all tasks and deliverables are completed on time, according to plans and according to applicable standards: Site Selection, Regulatory Affairs, Data Management, Clinical Monitoring, Biostatistics, Scientific Affairs.
- B.Sc. in a related field of study to clinical research;
- PMP certification is an asset
- At least 10 years industry experience including a minimum of 3 years in a CRO;
- At least 7 years of clinical project management experience, including management of all projects phases from start up to closure, management of all functional services, vendor management. Experience with mid-size and large studies (>10-15 countries) in multiple regions (NA, SA, APAC, MENA, Europe)
- Experience leading multi-centered, multinational phase III clinical trials including project budget financial tracking and forecasting
- Experience in one or more of the following considered an asset: study start up, regulatory submission, resource management, supervisory experience, CRA, data management, medical writing, or vendor management;
- Therapeutic experience managing dermatology, onco-dermatology, inflammatory bowel diseases, rheumatoid arthritis or oncology trials an asset
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of GCP and ICH standards, FDA and local country regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written skills, required
- Bilingualism (English and additional language) is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish good relationships with colleagues and sponsors;
- Good problem-solving abilities;
- Strong ability to carry out different projects and work under pressure while meeting timelines
- Good knowledge of good clinical practices, and applicable Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/guidelines
The work environment
At Innovaderm, you will work with brilliant and driven colleagues. Our values are collaboration, innovation, reliability and responsiveness. We offer a stimulating work environment and attractive advancement opportunities.
In this position, you will be eligible for the following perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Full-time position
- Benefits package
- Ongoing learning and development
Note that this opening is for a home-based position in the United States.
Innovaderm is a contract research organization (CRO) specialized in dermatology. Since its beginnings in 2000, our organization has benefited from a solid reputation for the quality of its research and services exceeding the expectations of its clients. Based in Montreal, Innovaderm continues to grow and expand in North America and Europe.
Innovaderm is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants who can legally work in the United-States.