Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will help support the sales activities for the CRO Business Unit, including market research / lead generation and support , proposals, and contract development (all types), and being a brand ambassador for Innovaderm at industry conferences and other events. Reporting to the VP, Business Development, the individual will collaborate with the sales and proposals / contracts teams to support various aspects of the sales cycle in a full service CRO environment. This role may be a steppingstone for individuals motivated to take on increased sales and marketing responsibilities and develop relevant business skills to pursue a career path in the CRO industry.
This role will be perfect for you if:
- You are interested in taking on new challenges, and want to expand your knowledge of CRO assisting in all aspects of business development.
- You have a strong foundation and understanding of clinical research, ideally within dermatology.
- You are a detail oriented person and take pride in working towards collective organizational goals in a fast paced environment.
- Perform continuous searches through the web, contacts, and other available resources to identify potential targets worldwide that relate to Innovaderm’s service offerings and core competencies.
- Supports Business Development sales team with pertinent information on new client targets, new indications, new technologies and develop cohesive message for outreach and follow up meetings with clients.
- Participate on client calls/ meetings to assist the BD lead on how to position Innovaderm to clients and prospective targets.
- Tracks and maintains new leads in Innovaderm’s CRM to ensure all relevant information is captured in a complete and timely manner.
- May participate in the preparation and execution of formal client bid defense meetings, as needed, to facilitate the continued professional growth of this individual within Business Development.
Proposals, contracts, and negotiations
- Convert proposals into contracts in collaboration with the Contracts and Proposals team within the Business Development unit. Including, but not limited to: Start-Up Agreements, Full Scope Work Orders, and Change Orders.
- Assists in the development of client proposals to ensure efficient and on time delivery in response to RFPs (requests for proposals), and any related deliverables.
- Assists in the development of RFI (requests for information) responses as either stand alone requests, or in conjunction with RFP deliverable requests.
- May assist in the development of project budgets, as needed, in response to RFPs and their associated deliverables.
- Represents the company at major conventions, symposia, industry meetings.
- Assists with periodic sales reports to ensure timely and effective communication of key sales metrics to internal stakeholders.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis / generates reports as requested by management, to track and maintain key performance metrics related to sales, forecasting, budgeting, competitive pricing, competitive offerings.
- Maintains and enhances technical/clinical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (sciences preferably, business administration).
- Master’s degree (business or science) is an asset.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and/or contract research organization (CRO) industry, ideally in a clinical operations role, business management, sales and/or marketing.
Knowledge and Skills
- Confident, creative, insightful, client and business focused service oriented professional with scientific knowledge of clinical drug and device research.
- Requires ability to partner closely with business operations.
- Experience in dermatological clinical research, a definite asset.
- Bilingual: written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent command of English grammar, spelling, and composition as well as writing, editing, oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Must be professional at all times with an ability to manage conflict and maintain confidentiality; Must be able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment, while working calmly and thoughtfully towards solutions; Must be resourceful in setting priorities.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The work environment
At Innovaderm, you will work with brilliant and driven colleagues. Our values are integrity, commitment and teamwork. We offer a stimulating work environment and attractive advancement opportunities.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be eligible for the following perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal days, virtual medical clinic)
- Social club and company activities
- Ongoing learning and professional development in a thriving and growing business
This position may be located in one of the following locations:
- Travel may be required (United States and Canada) and is estimated at 5-10%
Innovaderm is a clinical contract research organization (CRO) specialized in dermatology. Since its beginnings in 2000, our organization has benefited from a solid reputation for the quality of its research and services exceeding the expectations of its clients. Based in Montreal, Canada, Innovaderm continues to grow and expand in North America.
We thank you for your application and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants with a valid work permit for the location to which they are applying.