Clinical Trial Manager
The Clinical Trial Manager (CTM) is responsible for the operational management and oversight of the clinical investigative sites as well as the clinical monitoring deliverables of clinical trials. This includes but is not limited to clinical research associate (CRA) training, identification of quality issues related to site performance and clinical monitoring activities, establishing action plans to address any concerns, as well as ensuring timelines are met.
More specifically, the CTM:
- Ensures that clinical monitoring activities are performed to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, ensuring timely quality deliverables and in accordance with applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs), regulations, good clinical practices and study-specific requirements;
- Identifies quality issues and trends related to site performance and clinical monitoring activities through project meetings, site communications, site visit reports and follow-up letters, quality control visits, and quality assurance audit findings. Summarizes findings and establishes action plans to bring corrective actions;
- Serves as a point of contact for CRAs and Lead CRAs for assigned projects;
- Provides mentoring/oversight of CRAs and Lead CRAs;
- Performs site visit report review for assigned projects and tracks site visit report metrics to ensure compliance;
- Contributes to the development of the Clinical Monitoring Plan;
- Prepares and conducts project-specific training for the CRAs;
- Develops the annotated site visit reports and monitoring tools such as source data verification worksheets;
- Conducts quality control visits with CRAs;
- Coordinates and leads CRA meetings;
- Performs co-monitoring visits with CRAs;
- May be involved in business development activities (client meetings, proposal defense meetings, requests for proposals (RFPs,) requests for information (RFIs)).
Employee may be assigned to other responsibilities that do not pertain to their former description, if they have the required experience, are qualified and/or have received adequate training.
- B.Sc. in a field relevant to clinical research, nursing degree and/or equivalent experience;
- Fluent in English (excellent oral and written), French is an asset;
- At least 8 years of clinical research experience including prior monitoring experience and at least 2 years of experience acting in a Lead CRA or Clinical Team Leader role in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and/or contract research organization (CRO) industry;
- Strong knowledge of ICH/GCP standards and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Excellent mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced evolving environment and establish good relationships with colleagues, sites and sponsors;
- Excellent leadership, organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills;
- Travel up to 30% of the time;
- Experience in a CRO and in dermatology an asset.
We thank you for your application and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants with a work permit for Canada.