Director, Business Development
The Director, Business development will help facilitate the sales activities for the fast-growing CRO Business Unit, including managing key accounts, soliciting new business, and being a brand ambassador for Innovaderm at industry conferences and other events. Reporting to the VP, Business Development, the individual will collaborate with the Sr. management team to define and develop future strategies for revenue growth and execute the agreed upon annual sales plan. Initially, this individual will be responsible for sales activities on the West Coast of the United States and Canada.
This role will be perfect for you if:
- You are skilled in developing new or existing client relationships in a fast paced clinical CRO environment
- Your clients and colleagues enjoy working with you, and you truly enjoy collaborating with them and helping them succeed
- You have the skillset required to autonomously drive and close opportunities, and are willing and able to take on new tasks and challenges in a dynamic team setting
- Is responsible for the business development activities of Innovaderm Research within his/her respective territory, which includes organizing client visits and capabilities presentations, meetings with clients, direct sales, bid defense presentations.
- Effectively communicates the company’s value proposition and service portfolio to medical key opinion leaders, and prospective pharmaceutical, and biotech companies.
- Provides information such as sales forecasts and manage sales activity plans in their respective territories.
- Assists in the development and assessment of new and existing business and sales strategies for the company's existing and future services through communication with management and the business units of the company.
Proposals, contracts, and negotiations
- Manages the budget and contract negotiation with study sponsors within his/her respective territory.
- Assists with the coordination of legally binding contracts including but not limited to: master services agreements, work orders, preferred provider agreements, non-disclosure agreements.
- Advises management in negotiation and alignment of contracts and pricing strategies with regards to both short and long-term strategies.
- Reviews and provides input on new project proposals and budgets issued by the proposal manager for their opportunities.
- Represents the company at major conventions, symposia, industry meetings.
- Promotes corporate mission, vision and objectives and fosters a culture of professionalism, quality, excellence, and team work.
- Maintains and enhances technical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan.
- Helps to identify and develop new service offerings, new technologies and novel models to diversify Innovaderm’s service portfolio.
- Assist in the development of competitive pricing strategies and leverage Innovaderm’s economic value to maximize operating surplus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (business administration, sciences);
- Master’s degree is an asset;
- At least five (5) years of experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and/or contract research organization (CRO) industry, in a business management, sales and/or marketing position
- Relevant previous experience in sales and marketing. Proven track record in achieving sales targets and fostering client relationships
Knowledge and Skills
- Confident, innovative, insightful, client and business focused service oriented professional with scientific knowledge of clinical drug and device research, preferable in the dermatology space;
- Able to multi-task in a fast-moving environment, while working calmly and thoughtfully towards solutions;
- Resourceful in setting priorities;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Mastery of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Solid network of industry contacts, preferably in dermatology drug and device development companies
The work environment
At Innovaderm, you will work with brilliant and driven colleagues. Our values are integrity, commitment and teamwork. We offer a stimulating work environment and attractive advancement opportunities.
As Director, Business Development, you will be eligible for the following perks:
- Flexible work schedule
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, vacation, personal days, virtual medical clinic)
- Social club and company activities
- Ongoing learning and professional development in a thriving and growing business
This position will be home-based and may be located in one of the following locations:
- Canada (Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver)
- US West Coast (San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle)
- Travel will be required (United States and Canada) and is estimated at 20-40% depending on home location.
Innovaderm is a clinical contract research organization (CRO) specialized in dermatology. Since its beginnings in 2000, our organization has benefited from a solid reputation for the quality of its research and services exceeding the expectations of its clients. Based in Montreal, Canada, Innovaderm continues to grow and expand in North America.
We thank you for your application and please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovaderm only accepts applicants with a valid work permit for the location to which they are applying.